I completed this closet last week. If you’re wanting to organize your closet or any area of your home, follow these steps.
- Take everything out of the space, YES, everything.
- Clean, dust, mop, vacuum, etc. the space you are organizing.
- Declutter like crazy. It’s purge time!
- Put like items together.
- Label bins, baskets and organizers.
- Refill the space.
- Train yourself to put things back in their spot.
New habits don’t happen overnight but creating an organizing system makes it easier to maintain. If it seems overwhelming, start with one small project at a time. Follow these seven steps and you will really begin to make progress and have a freshly neat and tidy space.
@neatorganizing is my updated Facebook page. Follow along for more organizing tips.